FYI by Garden of Life was formulated to provide the body with the building blocks needed to rebuild and support healthy cartilage and connective tissue, as well as to control and increase normal joint function and mobility throughout the body. FYI is carefully blended using the Poten-Zyme process to enhance absorption and improve assimilation.
What's in FYI ?
Systemic Enzyme Blend
Protease Blend-a blend of protein digesting enzymes including 5 different proteases which distinguish themselves for their ability to function in a wide rang of pH environments and temperature conditions. These enzymes have shown to posses valuable therapeutic actions. Bromelain-a powerful protein digesting enzyme from pineapple contains valuabletherapeutic agents. Bromelain is helpful in reducing the pain, swelling, and tenderness associated with injury.
- Papain-is a well balanced mixture of protein digesting enzymes isolated from Papaya. Papain is valuable for normal joint function and mobility as well as the ability to reduce the tissue irritation.
- Lipase-a potent fat digesting enzyme.
- Amylase-a carbohydrate digesting enzyme may be beneficial for treating joint immobility.
- Cellulase-an enzyme that breaks down plant fiber is known for its use in alleviating chronic pain syndromes.
- Chicken Collagen Type II-contains normal joint function and mobility properties and has been clinically demonstrated to decrease pain and discomfort stemming from joint disorders. The compounds inherent in Chicken Collagen Type II provide the structural support of healthy joints by promoting new cartilage synthesis and by reducing oxidative damage to the joints. Chicken Collagen Type II contains naturally occurring chondroiton and glucosamine sulfates which help to bring water, shape, and cushioning back to the cartilage.
- Wild Oregano Concentrate-contains 28 antioxidants and 4 known potent COX-2 inhibitors.
- Ginger Extract-Ginger reduces prostaglandins that sensitize pain receptors at nerve endings, thereby demonstrating powerful analgesic (or pain reducing) effects.
- Poten-Zyme Cat's Claw Extract-has been extensively used by Peruvian Ashaninka Indians to treat a wide range of illnesses. Cat's Claw contains potent phytochemicals called Quinovic Acid Glycosides. Studies indicate that some of it's constituents can improve normal joint function and mobility.
- Poten-Zyme Turmeric Extract-an Indian spice that demonstrates powerful joint function and mobility properties and is a potent antioxidant. .
- Rhododendron Caucasicum Extract-known as the snow rose grows high in the Caucasian mountains of the Republic of Georgia. The smaller antioxidant molecules found in Rhododendron extract showed higher antioxidant values, compared to extracts containing OPCs such as pycnogenol and grape seed extract. .
- Laminaria and Ulva Extract -edible brown and green sea vegetables which contain large amounts of protein, vitamins, and polysaccharides. These sea vegetables contain Glucuronic Acid.