Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Calcium
Vegan and Gluten Free
Vitamin Code Raw Calcium contains AlgaeCal RAW Clinical Strength - the First and Only RAW, Vegan, Organic, Whole Food Plant Form of Calcium.
- Increases Bone Strength
- Increases Bone Mineral Density
- Slows Bone Loss
Contains 1,600IU RAW Food-Created Vitamin D3 The RAW MK-7 provides dynamic cardiovascular support by helping to ensure that Calcium gets into your bones where you want it, and not in your arteries where you dont.
1. Why is calcium important?A: Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body and has numerous important functions. It accounts for 1 to 2 % of adult human body weight and more than 99% of total body calcium is stored in the bones and teeth for structural support.
2. Why is bone health important?A: Healthy bones manufacture red blood cells, immune cells, secrete hormones and much more. Bone loss is associated with increased inflammation, which then accelerates more bone loss and becomes a vicious cycle. There is an Osteo-Immune relationship, as well as a link between bone loss and obesity. Because bone loss is often the first sign of degenerating bone health (often in the form of a fracture due to weak bone) we consider good bone health to be one of the most overlooked components of extraordinary health - everyone needs to think about their bone health.
3. Why should I question if my calcium supplement is effective?A: Calcium supplements taken in the absence of other vitamins and minerals and without proper diet and exercise, have not been proven in clinical studies to help strengthen bones. The best that can be said is that calcium supplementation helps slow down or stop bone loss. While slowing bone loss is good, increasing bone mineral density should be the goal. The majority of calcium supplements are made from ground-up rock and most of them are in tablet form and have solubility problems. The USA is the country that purchases the most calcium supplements, but it is also one of the countries with higher incidence of osteoporosis.
4. What is VITMIN CODE RAW Calcium?A: VITMIN CODE RAW Calcium is the first raw, vegan calcium formula, composed of AlgaeCal RAW, a certified organic plant source of calcium derived from the marine algae Algas calcareas rich in 73 naturally occurring minerals and trace minerals. The RAW Calcium formula provides all the necessary cofactors such as 100mcg of Vitamin K2 in the form of MK-7, 1,600 IU of RAW Food-Created vitamin D3 and other bone-building Code Factors, magnesium, boron, silica and vanadium. RAW Calcium is completely free of commonly-used limestone rock, chalk or animal bone sources of calcium and is suitable for even the most dedicated raw food vegan. RAW Calcium May Increase Bone Strength, Increase Bone Mineral Density and Slow Bone Loss.
5. Who can benefit form taking RAW Calcium?A: Anyone can benefit from calcium supplementation. RAW Calcium is the best choice for individuals searching for a RAW, vegan, whole food calcium supplement; anyone already using a calcium supplement; those who wish to reduce the risk of developing Osteoporosis later in life, and adults seeking to build better, stronger bones by increasing bone density. RAW Calcium is completely free of commonly-used limestone rock or chalk sources of calcium and is suitable for even the most dedicated raw food vegan.
6. What is AlgaeCal RAW?A: AlgaeCal RAW is the first raw, vegan, certified organic whole food plant source of Calcium. As opposed to single element calcium supplements, AlgaeCal RAW is powdered Marine Algae (Algas calcareas) containing an entire spectrum of plant nutrients, large quantities of Calcium and Magnesium and naturally rich in 73 trace mineral bone-building Code Factors such as Boron, Strontium, Vanadium, Silica as well as other naturally-occurring trace minerals. Your body was designed to accept plant minerals better than rock because plants pre-digest the minerals for us. AlgaeCal RAW washes up on the pristine shores of South America where it is harvested live, just like vegetables from a garden, then cold processed to retain nutritional value. The porous nature of AlgaeCal RAW dramatically increases surface area which lends itself to better dissolution.
7. Is AlgaeCal RAW USDA certified organic?A: We are very proud to say that Algas calcareas, the plant source calcium mineral complex that is AlgaeCal has been certified organic by the USDA, IBD (Organic Certification for Brazil and other Latin American Countries) and IFOAM (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements). However, the RAW Calcium formula as a whole are not certified organic.
8. Is the calcium in AlgaeCal RAW absorbable and bioavailable?A: The bodys ability to absorb calcium depends on the bodys need for calcium, the last calciumcontaining meal consumed, the presence of co-factors, among many other factors. The body best absorbs calcium when divided into multiple servings throughout the day because studies suggest that the body can only utilize a limited amount of calcium at once. AlgaeCal RAW besides being a plant sourced calcium, has a unique porous nature, like a sponge so it has a lot more surface area than an ordinary calcium carbonate. More surface area means more opportunity for stomach acid to come in contact with the calcium and dissolve it. Beyond solubility in the stomach, AlgaeCal RAW has been shown to be bioavailable in the rest of the digestive process. The calcium that actually goes into the bloodstream varies among individuals, depending on need for calcium, calcium source, amount taken, co-factors, etc. Another reason for low calcium absorption is the poor dissolution of some tablet forms. It has been found that some tablets are so closely bound with glues that they could take hours to dissolve. Capsules are a preferable delivery form to tablets for this reason. The contents of vegetable capsules is a loose powder which has greater dissolution potential than a tightly bound tablet. RAW Calcium delivers AlgaeCal RAW, a whole food source of calcium, in a vegan UltraZorbe capsule for rapid dissolution and better bioavailability. According to the National Academy of Sciences, most supplement forms of calcium such as calcium carbonate and calcium citrate are absorbed typically in a range of 25% to 35%. Foods however have better absorption and values differ greatly from food to food, but are usually higher. The key point is that plant based calcium is absorbed better than calcium from rock. AlgaeCal RAW is a whole food algae naturally rich in calcium and other minerals which facilitate absorption.
9. Why is vitamin D3 important to bone health?A: To help the body absorb calcium it is also important to get enough vitamin D. Vitamin D can be obtained through sunlight exposure and foods. Recent studies show the need for much more vitamin D than was previously recommended. Vitamin D functions as an important hormone by sending a message to the intestines to increase the absorption of calcium up to 80% depending on individual need. Vitamin D is well known for maintaining normal calcium levels, but new research shows it plays an important role in a host of other important functions such as strengthening the immune system. Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol is the natural form of vitamin D and is much more effective at raising serum 25 hydroxyvitamin D as opposed to the synthetic D2 or ergocalciferol form. RAW Calcium delivers 1,600 IU of RAW Food-Created vitamin D3.
10. What are the benefits of vitamin K2 in the form of MK-7 in a calcium formula?A: Strong scientific evidence now suggests that vitamin K2 is an important piece of the bone health puzzle. Vitamin K2 is derived from N
For more information on "Vitamin Code Raw Calcium"