Miessence Complete Protein powder is an easily digestible, extremely high protein, low carbohydrate, optimally balanced amino acid profile, superfood. Just one 25 gram serving provides almost 2/3 of the daily Essential Amino Acid requirement for a 150 lb person!
- Certified Organic
- Sprouted and Bio-fermented
- Highly digestible
- Complete amino acid profile from complementary sources of grain, legume and seed, making up for the deficiencies of the limiting amino-acid from each source.
- Hypo-allergenic and suitable for people with intolerances to soy, dairy, wheat and eggs.
- Suitable for elite athletes & body builders, weight loss dieters, breast-feeding mothers, children, and the elderly.
- Natural sweet and nutty taste, easily dissolvable, suitable for sweet and savoury foods.
Miessence Complete Protein powder is an easily digestible, extremely high protein, low carbohydrate, optimally balanced amino acid profile, superfood. Just one 25 gram serving provides almost 2/3 of the daily Essential Amino Acid requirement for a 70kg person!
Protein is a vital macronutrient – essential for the sustenance of life, and next to water, makes up the largest portion of our body weight. The liver manufactures about 80% of these amino acids, but the remaining 20% of such amino acids must be supplied directly by diet, and these amino acids are referred to as the essential amino acids. Proteins are broken down in the stomach during digestion into amino acids, including the essential amino acids that cannot be biosynthesised by the body itself.
Amino acids are the building blocks of our bones, muscles and tissue. It is important to note that, unlike fat and carbohydrates that can be stored in the body and utilised as required, protein cannot be stored; so it is vital to consume the appropriate amount of protein on a daily basis.
Amino acids are found in animal sources such as meats, milk, fish and eggs, as well as in plant sources such as grains, legumes, fruits, nuts and seeds. Vegetarians and vegans can get enough essential amino acids by eating a variety of plant proteins.
The consequences of inadequate protein intake includes muscle loss, decreased metabolic rate, decreased immunity, impaired wound healing, and loss of skin elasticity.
Choosing a diet rich in selected plant proteins eliminates the risks of saturated fats found in animal protein, allergic reactions and lactose intolerance due to whey protein and digestive difficulty with soy protein.
Miessence Complete Protein blends well with water, juice, any milk of choice (we don’t recommend soy, but that’s another story) and yoghurt, or it can be added to your smoothie.
It can also be mixed into your homemade energy bars, balls, muffins, pancakes, desserts, and baked goods and stirred into hot cereals after cooking.
While you can add this powder to a variety of recipes, raw food enthusiasts will want to avoid cooking or heating it in order to preserve it’s nutritional value.
For more information on Miessence Complete Protein powder