Black raspberry’s many health benefits mainly derive from its high anthocyanin and ellagic acid content, as well as other phenolic components, including quercetin and ferulic acid. The berry’s ellagic acid content is highest in its seeds, and by grinding the freeze-dried seeds, the ellagic acid that would otherwise be undigested is released. On top of their exceptional nutritional value, black raspberries taste delicious.
- Whole black raspberries [ground seeds included].
- Promotes digestive tract health.
- Helps maintain healthy oral, esophagus, colon & rectal tissues.
- Reduces pro-inflammatory and oxidative stress compound in the modulation of gene expression in the mucosal lining.
- Induces protective modulation of gene expression in mucosal cells.
- Enhances Phase 2 detoxification in liver.
- Supplies rich source of antioxidant and antimutagens including dark purple cyanidin-3-glycosides and ellagic acid that is higher in ground seeds.
- More antioxidant [ORAC] activity (2-3X), phenolics (1.5-2X), and anthocyanins (3.5-9X) than blackberries, marion berries, boysenberries and red raspberries.
- Provides healthful fiber, nutrients (Vit. E, folic acid & calcium) and phytochemicals (quercetin, ferulic acid & beta-sitosterol).
- We custom freeze-dry and package in our own GMP facility.
- Freeze-drying is the best method for preserving the complex chemistry, active enzymes and entire matrix of the berry in its fresh form.
For more information on Eclectic Institute Black Raspberry